Infectious Disease Quiz 2 – Practice Test Questions and Answers
1. Which of these is not a symptom of pneumococcal pneumonia?
a. High fever
c. Chest pain
2. What is the most likely diagnosis for a female patient with the following symptoms: extreme fatigue, stomach pain, loss of appetite, yellow tint of eyes and skin?
d. Hepatitis A
3. Define HIV Encephalopathy.
a. Acute pulmonary inflammation
b. Degenerative brain disease
c. Shock and loss of consciousness
d. Gastrointestinal bleeding
4. What is the most likely diagnosis in a patient presenting with low appetite, abdominal swelling and pain, edema, foamy urine, food intolerances, fatigue/malaise, pale nail beds and dull hair?
a. Pernicious anemia
b. Rheumatic fever
d. Nephrotic syndrome
5. How does viral pneumonia present?
b. sinus congestion
c. respiratory distress
d. excessive thirst
6. What is the cause of mononucleosis?
b. Primary immunodeficiency
c. Insufficient macrophages
d. Acute hepatic failure
7. By what name is varicella more commonly known?
a. Whooping cough
b. Chicken pox
c. German measles
d. Rheumatic fever
8. What is the primary source of the Hepatitis A virus?
a. Insect bite
c. Shared food
d. Unprotected sex
9. What is the primary source of the Hepatitis B virus?
a. Unsanitary bathroom facilities
b. Contaminated or spoiled foods
c. It is an airborne virus
d. Blood and bodily fluids
10. Of the following, which antibiotic is explicitly applicable for use against anaerobic bacteria?
Answer Key: 1. B; 2. D; 3. B; 4. D; 5. C; 6. A; 7. B; 8. B; 9. D; 10. A